Friday, November 16, 2007

Music, Anyone?

It has been surmised that you you can tell a lot about A person by what songs they have on their IPod. I think that may be the case with some one dimensional people. If you looked at my songs on my Ipod, you would not have a clue anything about me. You wouldn't know my age, maybe my sex by some of my song selections. I have a very eclectic taste in music. This shows through in my choice of playlists during my Yoga classes. I listen to everything from classic rock to classical, to opera, to rap and hip hop, to country and blues, Jazz to new age and chant (in latin, sanskrit, etc.) The groups on my Ipod include, Dead can Dance, Led Zeppelin, Eagles, Dead Kennedies, The Cure, Tunng, Slaughter, Cheetah Girls, Tori Amos, Yes, 50 cent, Akon, John Denver, Mozart, Afro Celt, Garth Brooks, Diana Krull, etc etc etc. Does this make me a good person, diverse, interesting? Maybe, I don't know. I love music. I pride myself on always having a wide variety of music on my Yoga play lists. I have used the Gummy Bear song by the Crazy Frogs, to 1234 by Feist. Anything goes....

Moving on..... Have been busy lately. My regular Yoga classes and in addition to that I am helping with some Christmas decorating. A Florist that I used to work with sold her shop and the new owners are totally clueless. I mean totally. Can't make a bow, design. Absolutely no experience whatsoever. What motivates someone to buy a business with no prior experience in the industry? They are a nice enough couple, but I fear that if they are not quick learners, that they will not last long if they are under capitalized. Although I am not really into it, and would have turned down this work, I agreed to help because I feel bad for these people. The previous owner kind of screwed them over....I have done this specific decorating job for the last 4 years, so I am familiar with the place. I am freelancing in between my yoga classes, but it is proving to be a lot, given my class schedule, and my responsibilities with the daughters.

Tomorrow morning the oldest daughter and I are going to a new Yoga Shala to do a Mysore practice. It is my hope that I new instructor will bring new energy and adjustments. We will see. I will keep you posted..... Tired now.... more later.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home