Monday, November 12, 2007

Busy Weekend

Yes it was a busy weekend. I Taught all my Friday morning yoga classes. (4 classes from 5:45am - 12:30pm) At my noon Bally Power class, there were only two yoginis. One was a regular, and the other I had never seen before. She was and attractive blond girl in her mid 20's . The practice went well, and after the class we chatted. I mentioned that by the level of her asana practice, I could tell that she had a regular yoga practice. She mentioned that she taught Yoga, and had just moved back to the valley from Fla. Although she seemed young, she said that she had been teaching yoga for the past 12 years. I thought about how young she must have been when she started teaching. I immediately had a flash of transference, and it was as if my future daughter was sitting before me. Her story could be my daughters story in her future. It really struck me when she told me that she was in a serious car accident, and had spent her recovery time studying the Yoga Sutras..... The chanting of the sutras is so in line with my daughters practice.... Anyway, she thanked me for the class, and said that she was looking to teach some Yoga classes. I told her that I would see what I could do to help her. I introduced her to the Group Fitness manager at Bally, and she gave her a Job App. She had really good energy, and a relaxed demeanor. I am sure that she is a very good yoga instructor.

After that, It was off to the Flower Lady's house to work on flowers for a wedding... Home around 6pm, and then dinner at home with a friend of ours and my Uncle who is visiting from Manhattan.

Saturday was busy as well. Slept in until 7:30am. That is really late for me..... Off to teach my 10am Class at Troon. One Student in class. A new girl, mid 30's . She is in a euphoric state to have found Yoga We spent most of the class talking about Yoga and spirituality. It was kind of a darshan session. I have had more and more sessions with individuals where we just talk about issues in life. I have had a few people suggest life coaching as a possible adjunct to teaching Yoga. I have no interest in that right now. I found our talk on Sat. morning most uplifting and energizing.
From there it was off to the Flower lady's house to deliver the wedding we had designed on Friday. It was an hour trip down to Tempe, and we chatted about her impending Divorce, and her recent physical issues that have arisen as a result of the increase in her stress level due to her Break up. It is hard for her because she was married 30+ years, and was left for a younger woman......We then returned and designed a wedding that was taking place Sunday.... I was home by 4pm, and out of the house by 5:30pm to deal poker at a house party down in Laveen, AZ. Usually I do not travel that far to deal parties, but the owner of the Party company offered me extra money to take this party, so I did.... Party 7 - 10pm. Home by 11:30pm. Asleep by 11:40pm. I had all intentions of getting up early to go to a Yin class at @one yoga, but slept in until 8:30am. Up and out to the food store early. Home for an hour and then out with the family to Dog obedience training. I dropped them off, and went to the bookstore. Spent $90. on Yoga books. I have been on a reading frenzy lately.. I picked up Grergor Maehles book on Ashtanga Yoga.... Donutzenmom always is quoting that book on he Blog. Speaking of that. I was reading her blog yesterday, and she asked a question about chakrasana. I posted a comment about my humble opinion on the subject, and she emailed me back..... The daughter and I have not been attending our mysore practice since early October. It is a combination of the Wife's new work schedule, our trip to Rockey Point , Mex, and the two weeks the wife spent in Philadelphia training. I also just decided that I did not want to go.....I still do my 3-5hrs of Yoga a day. Just not mysore. I am hoping the reading the Gregor Ashtanga book will motivate me to go back. I am in a realy good space right now. I have healed the pain which was nagging me for the past 10 months, and I feel very strong and energized. I have been focussed and relaxed, and have been reading many books on spirituality and Yoga. I am on a good path....I am grateful for the place that I am now..... Back from bookstore and dog training after noon. A relaxing Sunday evening. Watched some football, sat in the hot tub, and mellowed...........more late

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home