Thursday, November 08, 2007

Breathe and Chil-lax

That is what my daughters say whenever they see their mom starting to stress out, and more specifically when she is displacing her stress on them... It is a clever blending of Chill and relax. I am afraid that the uttering of this phrase, while well intentioned, has had little effect on a woman who is experiencing stress.

The daughters will survive in spite of us being their parents. Most people survive
despite their parents. Few of us come away unscathed however. I survived even though I had two of the most self centered, disconnected. negative, clueless parents in the world. Throw in a step parent, and you end up with a really F**ked up childhood. It took much acting out behavior and subsequent self awareness and psychic healing to get me to the place that I am today. Where is that? You may ask. I am at a place where I understand that my parents are fallible, imperfect beings and that there was I reason that I chose them as my parents. Their dramas in life are what shaped my childhood, and ultimately led me to the place that I am today. Where is that? You again ask. That is a person working towards balance in his life. I man working to exist in the word as a good father and husband. I have a comfortable life in my Scottsdale home. I have my 2 beautiful daughters, and a beautiful wife. I have a puppy, a cat, and an Australian tree frog. (I know "Too much Information") I am Someone who is on a path to a deeper spiritual connection. A person who has developed a passion for helping and healing others whenever he can. A person working on his issues of attachment and ego. I am just your average, ordinary, garden variety Yoga guy. My quote of the week on my website kind of sums it all up. It is as follows: "My job is not to change anyone, my job is to awaken myself" It is by Bill Hyche. I would like to think that while I am not changing others, I am positively influencing them so that they also can "awaken" themselves. A positive affirmation for sure. I am so grateful that through my Yoga teaching I am afforded a platform to positively affect so many peoples lives. As I was speaking with one of my students today after my Power class today, she was expressing how much appreciation she felt about the class and my instruction. I told her that all that she was feeling was within her. She was the one doing the healing, strengthening her body, and making a deeper spiritual connection. I expressed my appreciation for her being there and sharing with me. I try to not allow pride to creep into my awareness, and stay unattached to outcomes, but I am frequently proud of the physical and spiritual growth that I see in my students. Many have been with me for quite a while now....
Look at the time.... Time to go teach my next class.......
More soon....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home