Friday, November 30, 2007

Friday

It is Friday once again. I have this love/hate relationship with Friday. I love the way that I teach all four of my classes by 12:30pm, and have the rest of the day off. I hate the fact that I have to begin teaching at 5:45am. I really shouldn't use the word "hate" That is much too strong a word. Inconvenient is a better word. In the summer, the early morning class is wonderful. The weather is warm, and the sun rises early. Now that the winter is here, it is cool and dark in the morning. I know that I cannot complain. Scottsdale, Arizona never really gets cold. I mean 45 to 50 degrees in the morning is cold here. It is pretty dam inconvenient to have to put on a sweatshirt and sweatpants. I know that there are darker and colder places in the world. I just choose not to live there.

Anyway, I am now finished teaching for the day, and still contemplating attending the Annie Pace seminar this weekend. It begins tonight. When I tried to call the number to the studio where the seminar was to take place to see if I could still register, the number was disconnected. I am wondering if this is a sign. This is the same studio that the oldest daughter and I went down to a few Sunday mornings ago for a Mysore practice, and no one showed up. There were signs then also. The full story is a few blog entries back..... So I am wondering if this disconnected phone thing is a bad omen.. It is also raining here. That is unusual. It very seldom rains here in the desert. I think that the rain total this year so far is 3 inches of so. So while rain in the desert can be construed as a good omen, it is never good for traffic. I don't even want to get started on my soapbox about how poorly people drive here in Arizona. I just don't want to go there. It is negative and not at all productive. Needless to say, it is worse when it rains. So the question remains as to whether I am going to attend this seminar or not. After I finish typing here, I am going to go and sit in the hot tub and contemplate it. I am leaning towards going, but am not 100% sure.....I will keep you posted....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home