Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Issues........

Seems like everyone has Issues lately............

Fortunately for me, mine are only physical. After Yoga practice on Sat., my left hamstring tightened up. I had knee pain also...... So all day Sunday, and most of Monday I spent on the couch.....Rehabing with a heating pad........

Tuesday afternoon did first series led ashtanga. I was wearing a knee support on my left knee, but I was still in a lot of pain. No lotus at all. Not even close.......

This morning at mysore practice, I had a gentle practice, taking it easy on the left knee and hamstring...... I still believe that everything happens for a reason, and that all these happenings are the experiences that make up our lives. I am going to take it easy for the next few days, and see where I am physically after that. I have to teach Yoga classes this evening, and early tomorrow morning, but other than that, I am going to go easy on the asana practice.........

At mysore practice this morning, we walked in to find that Returning guy had returned after a five week sojourn. It was good to see him.... All the regulars were there: Sanskrit Scholor, The British Director, The other Dave, NY Girl, Donutszenmom. Speaking of Donutszenmom, she has not been Blogging lately. I don't know what issues she is dealing with , but she must need some personal, non blogging time. I am sure that she will be fine....She will surely return to the blogging when she is ready.....Sanskrit Scholar spent some time with the older daughter this morning refining her chanting skills. Sanskrit Scholar is an awesome person. She is giving, and focussed, and alway has a smile on her face. She works exceedingly hard at perfecting her sanskrit and chanting skills . I feel very fortunate to know her and have the benefit of her dedication. I hope that other feel as I do.

I have been on a music kick lately. I have been searching I-tunes for new and interesting music. I have found quite a few interesting tunes...... Here are a few of them if U are interested........

Deep Water (acoustic version) by Seal
Rangefinder by Antimatter
Emerge by Fischerspooner
Teardrop by Massive Attack
In the Shadow of Life by Niyaz
Footprints by Jai Uttal

Check them out..... very eclectic.....................

First episode of Nip/Tuck last night... I love that show... In every episode I see some part of my life mirrored. I don't know if that is good or bad because it is such a bizarre show with such controvertial topics. I never miss an episode though. Thank god for my DVR...............

Lunch today with the Flower lady... She is unbelievably interesting and spiritual. Her second book will be out soon. I can't wait to read it. Hours just slip by unnoticed when we are lost in conversation. She has freelance work for me throughout the fall.. She has a notion that "spirit" has told her that she is to go to Kansas to open an ashram...... Kansas of all places....... Good luck with that...........I don't know if she is going to listen to that or not......... anyway, she is a trip and I really enjoy her company..............

More later............


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home