Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Sex, Yoga, and Rock and Roll

Sex, Yoga, and Rock and Roll.
These three things seem like a healthy foundation for a fulfilling life. In younger day ( much younger) I may have stuck with the traditional "Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll." Now I am more comfortable with repalcing Drugs with Yoga. I find that Yoga gives you the healthy "feel good" that you need without the cost of Drugs, or the potentially harmful side effects.

Yoga can definately be as addictive as some drugs though. Take me, for instance. Monday, Wednesday and Friday, I wake up at 5am, get my older daughter up, and drive 15 min. to where we do an Ashtanga Yoga Mysore practice from 5:30am - 7:30am. Monday and Friday, First series (Yoga Chakitsa), and Wednesday, Second series ( Nadi Shodhana). Monday thru Wednesday, we also go to a led First series Ashtanga Class from 4pm - 5:30pm. Thursday evening, we take a Power Yoga class from 6pm -7:20pm. Saturday, we take a led First series Ashtanga class from 10am-12pm. Some weeks, we take a few more classes, maybe Deep Stretch, or Yin, or another Power class. It just depends. What Yoga does for me personally, is bring balance into my life. Yoga has a physical Component (Asana), as well as a Psych-spiritual component (Pranayama- Breathe Control & Pratyahara- Sense withdrawl) Both of these in conjunction with my meditation practice keep me balanced and grounded, and enable me to remain calm and contemplative in most any situatuation. It is an awesome practice, and I highly recommend it..............


SEX
Back to the SEX part. What can I say, sex is awesome. I used to think that everyone had sex at least once a day. I thought that was normal. As my wife and I got older, 30's, and started talking with some of our married friends, they were saying that they were lucky if they were getting it on once a week....... Very sad.. We skip a day here and there, but stil try an have sex at least once a day. Why wouldn't you want to do something that feels so good as often as possible. More on Sex later






Rock and Roll........................
What can I say. It just is.............................and continues to be........................
and to evolve, and to be awesome and inspiring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home