Monday, August 28, 2006

Interesting Weekend

It was kind of an interesting weekend.

Friday night we went out with a few couples we know to the Italian American club. One of our friends is a member. I was having flashbacks from living on the east coast. Our new friends were origionally from Statan Island, NY. It sounded like most of the people there were east coast transplants. It is like listening to a scene right out of the Sopranos. The accents are all the same, and everyones last name ends in a vowel...



I had a very strange dream on Friday night. I was in the house that we lived in on the east coast before we moved to the southwest. I said to my wife "doesn't the house seem a little tilted to the right?" "No more than usual." she replied. It was really sloping down to the right. All of a sudden, the right side came down with a crash. and the house began to slide forward off the foundation. It slid forward downhill, and then came to a forward stop and started sliding sideways to the right. After what seemed like a long time, the house came to an abrupt halt. The house was intact, but at the bottom of a large hill. I have never lived on a hill..... The press started to show up and cover this story. I remember thinking "what the hell is going on here?" Where are we going to live? I awoke with a very anxious feeling. A very strange dream....

Saturday morning the oldest daughter and I headed down to the Yoga studio for our class. When we arrived, we were greeted at the door and told that a pipe had burst, and the studio had some flooding. We moved the class to another studio about 15 min away. We practiced in a small, closet like room with a rough concrete floor and unfinished sheetrock walls. It was a tight fit, but all 18 of squeezed in the room. There was no door on the room, only a curtain. We were all flexible however, (no pun intended) and practice progressed nicely.

Saturday afternoon we relaxed except for an hour of practicing Volleyball with my older daughter. She has try-outs for her school team this afternoon. We practiced more on Sunday.

Sunday, we slept in until after 9am. That is very unusual for us. It was a fun day. We played some volleybal in the morning at a nearby park. Arriving home, we went swimming in the pool. (Finally cleaned up all the algae that had invaded my pool) Watched some awesome Golf on TV. Tiger Woods is awesome, and won another tournament in extra holes....

At 6pm I substitute taught a Deep Stretch yoga class. It was a good class. There were about 30 students in the class. Everything was perfect. The energy was great, the music was perfect. Everything was awesome. I love to share the quote that I modified from the B-tribe CD. It goes as follows:
I believe that there is a place within us all.
A place of clarity and vision in which the rhythm of life is in harmony with a higher consciousness.
I believe that Yoga can take us there.

I finished the class, spoke with a few students, and headed home feeling wonderful about the class.

This morning was mysore practice. There was only a small group this morning. Mr. India and his wife were there when we arrived. Later, Donutszenmom, the other Dave, and NY girl came in to practice. My practice this morning was challenging. My back was tight, my left hamstring was really tight and inflexible, my shoulders were like stone, and my energy level was low. I worked through all of that though, and remained unattached to the outcome of the Asana. Maybe all the Volleyball practice was to blame for some of my tightness.

I have an interview for a Yoga teaching job later this morning. I hope that it goes well. I need to teach a few more classes..........I will keep you posted....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home